The benefits of engaging with a school are great.
On a local level you can develop partnerships with schools that could lead to:
- Students organising and running fundraising events. Funds raised by a school in your local area, outside of the Red Shield Appeal, can be used to support the community work you are operating at your Corps.
- Having a presence in the school on a regular basis, like running a breakfast club or homework club.
- Supporting the school and students whether it be during difficult times or other occasions.
- Volunteer opportunities for secondary students.
- Awareness of the mission of The Salvation Army amongst students, parents and teachers.